There is some incredible emerging research and this post will be regularly updated and shared as it becomes available.
- Beyond The Engagement – I have written this up as a post as there is a wonderful video of voices in action. Read more here.
- A Quantitative Longitudinal Analysis of Exclusions from English Secondary Schools
By Professor Steve Strand and Dr. John Fletcher. This research from Oxford University is a longitudinal study of over 500,000 students in England. Read more here.
- The Difference Movement – Born from a year’s research into school exclusion and the teaching workforce. The research was published in October 2017 by think tank IPPR. Read more here.
- The relationship between exclusion from school and mental health: a secondary analysis of the British Child and Adolescent Mental Health Surveys 2004 and 2007 by Ford et al. Read more here.
- Which children and young people are excluded from school? Findings from a large British birth cohort study, the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC). Read more here.
- The “Supporting Kids, Avoiding Problems” (SKIP) study: relationships between school exclusion, psychopathology, development and attainment – a case control study. Read more here.
Please send in any research that I can add to this post…